Parole Violation Attorney in Placentia CA
Work with an Experienced Parole Violation Attorney in Placentia CA
No matter what they say you have done, if you are accused of violating your parole there are options available to you. Keep reading to find out how a parole violation attorney in Placentia CA can help. Being let out on parole instead of serving the rest of your sentence in prison is considered a privilege.
The other side of that privilege is that the justice system is willing to take away your parole at even seemingly tiny violations. No matter how big or small, there may be a defense option that helps you stay out of prison.
The Consequences for Violating Parole Can Be Severe
The main reason that it is essential to work with a parole violation attorney in Placentia CA is because these cases are so serious. In fact, according to California Penal Code 3506, the state can impose very serious penalties for a person they consider guilty of violating parole. Though the punishment will depend on the severity of the violation and the number of violations, you may be sent back to prison to serve the remainder of your sentence. Other options include changing or modifying the terms of your parole.
Know Your Rights in a Parole Violation Hearing
You do not lose your rights of due process just because you are accused of violating parole. Some of the things that federal law requires are that you:
- Receive written notification that includes the specific provisions you are accused of violating.
- Will have evidence presented against you by members of the parole board.
- Have the right to present your own witnesses and evidence.
- Have the right to cross-examine witnesses the parole board brings in.
- Will get a written statement that explains the evidence.
At Law Office of Michael L. Fell we will work tirelessly to ensure that your rights are not stamped on. If you are in need of a parole violation attorney in Placentia CA, we look forward to working with you.
Discover Your Defense Options if You Have Been Accused of Violating Your Probation
Too often, those accused of violating their probation assume that they have no options. It is true that you do not have to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt – it must only be shown that there is a preponderance of evidence that makes it likely you did it. Your parole violation attorney in Placentia CA can help you find the right defense, which may include showing any of the following.
- You were falsely accused by someone who does not want you out on parole.
- There was a case of mistaken identity.
- You did not have your rights of due process.
- You did commit the violation but there was a compelling reason that left you with no choice.
These are not the only options available to you. When you hire Law Office of Michael L. Fell as your parole violation attorney in Placentia CA, we will go over your case and find the best defense. Contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 to get started.