Law Office of Michael L. Fell
900 Roosevelt Irvine, CA 92620
(949) 585-9055

Contempt of Court

Click here for a Free Consultation

Contempt of Court

Accused of contempt of court? Trust your defense to Michael L. Fell.

Any time you disobey a judge—in person or not—you are acting in contempt of court.

This means that the crime contempt of court goes far beyond the stereotypical loud, belligerent, or uncooperative courtroom behavior we see in movies and on TV. It can also apply to the willful violation of any court order, such as:

  • Restraining orders
  • Child support orders
  • Spousal support orders
  • Orders to appear in court
  • Court-ordered restitution
  • Court-ordered firearms restrictions
  • Injunctions against demonstrations

Have You Been Accused of Contempt?

If you have been accused of any kind of contempt of court, you need to take the matter seriously and contact a skilled defense attorney right away.

Choose Attorney Fell for an Expert Defense

Michael L. Fell is the excellent choice for your defense because, as a former prosecutor himself, he understands how difficult it is for the prosecution to actually prove the charge in many cases.

In order to secure a conviction, the prosecution must show that:

  • The court order was lawful
  • You knew about the order
  • You deliberately disobeyed the order, despite having the means to comply

If Attorney Fell can cast doubt on even one of these points, he may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the matter entirely. As your contempt of court defense attorney, you can rely on Michael L. Fell to work hard to gather the necessary evidence and to negotiate aggressively for a fast and favorable resolution of your case.

Special Help for Restraining Orders

If you have been accused of deliberately violating a restraining order in connection with a domestic violence, elder abuse, or stalking case, you need to be especially quick to call Attorney Fell. These types of violations may be charged as contempt of court or as restraining order violations, and you will face greater penalties.

Call Now to Get Help from Attorney Fell

If you have any questions about contempt of court or need to secure representation against this charge, please call us at (949) 585-9055 now.