Accused of a restraining order violation? Michael L. Fell will stand up for your rights.
Restraining orders are very important for protecting the victims of abuse, stalking, harassment, and similar crimes. Unfortunately they are also very limiting to the individuals they are issued against. For example, if there is a restraining order against you, it could limit your movements, restrict your ability to see your children, or affect your immigration status. And if you are accused of a restraining order violation, you could face a misdemeanor charge carrying up to one year in jail and up to $1,000 in fines.
Fortunately, you can rely on The Law Office of Michael L. Fell for superior quality representation. We will do everything in our power to ensure you are treated fairly under the law and to minimize the impact of any restraining order related issues on your future.
We can serve as your restraining order defense attorney for all kinds of restraining orders including:
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders—may be issued based on any type of violence, a credible threat of violence, or a pattern of frightening, annoying, or harassing behavior
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders—may be issued based on emotional or physical abuse (or the threat of abuse) of a domestic partner or closely related individual
- Elder Abuse Restraining Orders—may be issued based on physical abuse, financial abuse, abandonment, or neglect of an individual 65 or older
- Workplace Violence Restraining Orders—upon the request of an employer, may be issued to protect an employee who has suffered stalking, serious harassment, physical violence, or threats of violence in the workplace
You Can Challenge a Restraining Order
If someone has filed for a restraining order against you, you will be served papers. This is your opportunity to fight back. With help from an experienced defense attorney like Michael L. Fell, you can request a hearing, which will allow you to defend yourself against the allegations that the “victim” is making against you. If the allegations are false, there should be no grounds for a restraining order to be issued.
Attorney Fell understands the special legal issues related to restraining order hearings, and he will work hard to help you prepare the strongest possible argument for your defense. This may result in the judge refusing to grant a permanent restraining order against you.
Aggressive Defense for Restraining Order Violations
After decades of experience, first as an Orange County Senior Deputy District Attorney and then as a defense attorney in the private practice, Attorney Fell is intimately familiar with the details of the law on restraining order violations. He knows what evidence the prosecution needs to secure a conviction and what defense strategies will be most productive in a given case.
You can rely on Attorney Fell to create a personalized defense strategy for your specific situation, that takes into account the evidence in your case and your goals for its resolution. For example, he may be able to get the charges dropped or secure an acquittal by showing that:
- The judge didn’t legally issue the restraining order
- You were not aware of the restraining order
- You did not intend to violate the restraining order
- You were falsely accused of a violation
Alternatively, Attorney Fell can use his expertise in creative sentencing to help you secure a plea deal that will result in the most lenient penalty possible for your restraining order violation.
Call Now for Immediate Help
If you have been served papers for a restraining order, or of you have been accused of a restraining order violation, The Law Office of Michael L. Fell is here to provide immediate assistance. All you have to do is [dial] phone and request a free initial consultation.