Law Office of Michael L. Fell
900 Roosevelt Irvine, CA 92620
(949) 585-9055

Medical Marijuana

Click here for a Free Consultation

Medical Marijuana

Accused of misusing medical marijuana? Attorney Fell will protect your right to your medicine.

Thanks to California’s Compassionate Use Act, many individuals are able to use medical marijuana to alleviate chronic pain and other problems. But if you use medical marijuana—or provide care to someone who does—you need to remember one very important fact:

Simply having a valid medical marijuana ID card does not make you immune to all possible marijuana charges.

For example, medical marijuana users cannot:

  • Possess, cultivate, or transport more marijuana than specified by their doctor
  • Sell, give away, or distribute their medicine to others
  • Smoke within 1,000 feet of a school
  • Use marijuana while driving or while riding in a vehicle
  • Operate a boat while under the influence of marijuana
  • Produce concentrated cannabis using chemical solvents

It is also unwise to use medical marijuana on federal lands as marijuana is still a controlled substance in the eyes of the federal government.

Accused of a Medical Marijuana Crime? Michael L. Fell Can Help.

Being arrested for what you believed to be a totally legitimate use of your medicine can be distressing to say the least. While having a medical marijuana ID card can help prevent many mistaken arrests, if you don’t have a card or if police suspect your card was obtained fraudulently, you will have to work hard to prove your right to your medicine.

Fortunately, if you call Michael L. Fell he will handle this for you. Once he has helped you show that you are a legal medical marijuana user or care provider, the burden will be on the prosecution to show that you really did commit a crime. Often, the evidence is simply not there and the charge will be dismissed.

Call Now to Get Attorney Fell on Your Side

Remember, you don’t need to face any medical marijuana accusation alone, no matter how minor it may seem. You can get Attorney Fell’s help by calling (949) 585-9055.