Law Office of Michael L. Fell
900 Roosevelt Irvine, CA 92620
(949) 585-9055

California Pharmaceutical Board Representation

Click here for a Free Consultation

California Pharmaceutical Board Representation

Don’t let past mistakes prevent you from working as a pharmacist. Prove you are fit for a license with help from Michael L. Fell.

Given that pharmacists have easy access to all kinds of valuable prescription drugs, it’s no surprise that the state wants to be very careful about the sorts of individuals who are permitted to have pharmacist’s licenses.

However, this does not mean that you must give up on your dream of working in a pharmacy if you have a criminal history. It just means that you need to hire Michael L. Fell for California Pharmaceutical Board representation. With his help, you may be able to convince the Board to treat your criminal convictions more leniently and prevent a denial, suspension, or revocation of your license.

What Convictions Can Trigger Pharmaceutical Board Discipline?

A felony or misdemeanor conviction for any crime that is deemed “substantially related” to your duties as a pharmacist can serve as grounds for a disciplinary action. This includes convictions for:

  • Drug crimes
  • DUI
  • Prescription fraud/forgery
  • Theft
  • Identity theft
  • False statements
  • Fraud
  • Felonies against pharmacy clients or patients

In the case of drug crimes, you may still face discipline even if you were allowed to complete a drug diversion program in lieu of a conviction. Expunged crimes may also be considered by the Board.

How Attorney Fell Can Help

If you are facing an accusation from the California Pharmaceutical Board, you are entitled to tell your side of the story at an administrative hearing. Attorney Fell can help you request this hearing and present evidence on your behalf during the hearing.

Typically, the best strategy to pursue during the hearing is to show that you have changed your ways since your conviction. Attorney Fell can present a variety of evidence to support this such as:

  • Evidence of remorse or restitution
  • Evidence of participation in counseling or therapy
  • Evidence of volunteer work and community engagement
  • Letters of reference from employers or other character witnesses
  • Proof that you have kept a clean record since the conviction

If the board is satisfied you are reformed, they should also be satisfied that you are not a danger to the public and should be willing to let you keep your license.

Questions? Call Now

If you have questions about California Pharmaceutical Board representation, we invite you to call The Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 now.