Drug Crime Attorney in Costa Mesa CA
Protect yourself against unfair punishments with help from an experienced drug crime attorney in Costa Mesa CA.
Are you in need of a drug crime attorney in Costa Mesa CA to defend your rights and interests? Whether your case involves illegal narcotics or misuse of legal prescription medications, you can get the help you need at the Law office of Michael L. Fell.
Attorney Fells is an eminently qualified attorney who has met the standards to become a California Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. Plus, he has important insights into the mindset and priorities of the prosecution because he himself served as an Orange County Senior Deputy District Attorney for 18 years. These qualifications enable Attorney Fell to provide aggressive and effective representation against any kind of drug charge, such as:
- Drug Possession
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Drug Sales/Transportation
- Drug Manufacturing
- Prescription Fraud
- DUI of Drugs
- Medical Marijuana Violations
Attorney Fell Makes Sure Police & Prosecutors Play Fair
In the “war against drugs,” police and prosecutors can be very aggressive in pursuing arrests and convictions. Sometimes drug arrests are made and/or drug charges are filed based on illegally obtained evidence. For example, police might violate your rights by:
- Stopping individuals without reasonable cause
- Search warrant defects
- Violating California search and seizure rules
- Entrapping suspects
- Using unreliable informants
- Failing to Mirandize suspects before questioning
When working as a drug crime attorney in Costa Mesa CA, Michael L. Fell is always on guard against the possibility of illegal evidence. He and his team will conduct a careful investigation into the facts of your case, and if any illegal evidence is discovered he will file the necessary motions to have it excluded. He will also identify any weak points in the prosecution’s arguments and see if he can convince the DA to drop the case entirely.
“Creative Sentencing” May Help You Avoid Jail Time
Michael L. Fell is well known as an expert in “creative sentencing,” or the creation of plea deals that keep drug offenders out of jail and facilitate rehabilitation. As your drug crime attorney in Costa Mesa CA, he will work hard to secure the most advantageous deal possible for you given the circumstances of your case. The main types of deals are:
- Drug Diversion: For certain non-violent offenders, drug diversion is an excellent way of resolving the case. Diversion programs substitute drug treatment for jail time, and when the program is successfully completed, the drug charge won’t even appear on your criminal record.
- Reduced Charges: Reducing a felony to a misdemeanor, or reducing the number of counts of a crime you face can also help provide valuable sentencing relief.
- Reduced Sentence: Your drug crime attorney in Costa Mesa CA can also negotiate for lesser penalties such as house arrest instead of jail time even if you do not qualify for a drug diversion program.
Call Now for Immediate Assistance from a Drug Crime Attorney in Costa Mesa CA
Remember, the earlier you get the Law Office of Michael L. Fell working for you, the better. We offer immediate assistance 24/7, because we know you may need a drug crime attorney in Costa Mesa CA on your case urgently. All you have to do is dial (949) 585-9055. The initial consultation is always free and our defense services are reasonably and affordably priced.