Restraining Orders in Costa Mesa CA
Need help with restraining orders in Costa Mesa CA? Turn to the Law Office of Michael L. Fell.
If someone has accused you of physically or sexually abusing, threatening, stalking, or harassing them, you may very well be under a restraining order preventing you from having contact with that person or their family. Protecting victims of abuse and violence from further harm is important, and unfortunately this means that restraining orders in Costa Mesa CA can be very limiting to the person they are issued against. The orders might:
- Limit your movements by preventing you from going near the protected person’s work or home
- Force you to move out of your home (in the case of an order protecting a spouse or partner you live with)
- Limit your ability to see your children
- Affect your position in a family law dispute
- Make you give up any firearms you own
- Affect your immigration status
Don’t Just Accept Unfair Limitations Request a Hearing
As soon as you are served with a restraining order, you need to contact an attorney and exercise your right to a hearing. Michael L. Fell makes an excellent choice of attorney, because he understands the special legal issues related to restraining orders in Costa Mesa CA. Attorney Fell will make sure you get the opportunity to challenge the grounds for the order, which may result in the judge refusing to grant a permanent order against you.
Accused of a Restraining Order Violation?
Because restraining orders in Costa Mesa CA are issued by the court, they are considered “court orders,” the violation of which qualifies as contempt of court and is punishable by fines and possibly even jail time. To protect yourself, you need to consult Michael L. Fell as soon as you are accused of a restraining order violation. Attorney Fell will work hard to uncover and present evidence that will show you did not commit the violation, but if you need to plead guilty he will turn his attention securing a favorable deal using creative sentencing.
Why Choose Michael L. Fell for Help with Restraining Orders in Costa Mesa CA
- Knowledge: Some defense attorneys lack the wide range of legal knowledge to effectively deal with issues related to restraining orders in Costa Mesa CA. But Attorney Fell does have this knowledge and he’s proven it by becoming a California Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist.
- Experience: Michael L. Fell is a seasoned attorney with many decades of experience in criminal law. He understands the prosecution’s mindset perfectly, having spent 18 years as a prosecutor himself, and this equips him to reach fair and favorable plea deals quickly after restraining order violations.
- Service: Attorney Fell and his entire team sincerely care about your future. We will come to all court appearances with you and keep you updated and informed at every stage of your case to minimize the stress of the experience as much as possible.
Immediate Help Available
With an attorney on call 24/7, the Law Office of Michael L. Fell is able to provide prompt assistance for any kind of issue related to restraining orders in Costa Mesa CA. Call us at (949) 585-9055 now to get started.