Drug Crime Attorney in Laguna Beach CA
Protect yourself against unfair punishments with help from an experienced drug crime attorney in Laguna Beach CA.
Are you looking for an experienced and knowledgeable drug crime attorney in Laguna Beach CA? Whether your case involves illegal narcotics or misuse of legal prescription medications, you can get the help you need at the Law office of Michael L. Fell.
Attorney Fells is an eminently qualified attorney who has met the standards to become a California Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. Plus, he has important insights into the mindset and priorities of the prosecution because he himself served as an Orange County Senior Deputy District Attorney for 18 years. These qualifications enable Attorney Fell to provide aggressive and effective representation against any kind of drug charge, such as:
- Drug Possession
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Drug Sales/Transportation
- Drug Manufacturing
- Prescription Fraud
- DUI of Drugs
- Medical Marijuana Violations
Attorney Fell Makes Sure Police & Prosecutors Play Fair
Drug crime is a serious problem in many communities, and police and prosecutors are understandably eager to do their part in eradicating drug crime. Sometimes drug arrests are made and/or drug charges are filed based on illegally obtained evidence. For example, police might violate your rights by:
- Stopping individuals without reasonable cause
- Search warrant defects
- Violating California search and seizure rules
- Entrapping suspects
- Using unreliable informants
- Failing to Mirandize suspects before questioning
When working as a drug crime attorney in Laguna Beach CA, Michael L. Fell is always on guard against the possibility of illegal evidence. He and his team will conduct a careful investigation into the facts of your case, and if any illegal evidence is discovered he will file the necessary motions to have it excluded. If important evidence can be excluded, or if Attorney Fell can uncover new evidence that supports your side of the case, it may be possible to convince the DA to drop the charges entirely.
“Creative Sentencing” May Help You Avoid Jail Time
Attorney Fell believes that jail time is seldom an appropriate punishment for his clients especially those who may only have committed a drug crime due to addiction. This is why he is a passionate advocate for “creative sentencing” or plea deals. As your drug crime attorney in Laguna Beach CA, he will work hard to secure the most advantageous deal possible for you given the circumstances of your case. The main types of deals are:
- Drug Diversion: For certain non-violent offenders, drug diversion is an excellent way of resolving the case. Diversion programs substitute drug treatment for jail time, and when the program is successfully completed, the drug charge won’t even appear on your criminal record.
- Reduced Charges: Another highly beneficial outcome might be for Attorney Fell to convince the DA to reduce the charge against you from a felony to a misdemeanor, which would not only expose you to lesser penalties but also look better on your record.
- Reduced Sentence: Your drug crime attorney in Laguna Beach CA can also negotiate for lesser penalties such as house arrest instead of jail time even if you do not qualify for a drug diversion program.
Call Now for Immediate Assistance from a Drug Crime Attorney in Laguna Beach CA
For the best possible protection, hire the Law Office of Michael L. Fell early in your case perhaps even before you are arrested or formally charged. You can reach us at (949) 585-9055 and receive immediate attention from an experienced drug crime attorney in Laguna Beach CA any time, 24/7. The initial consultation is always free and our defense services are reasonably and affordably priced.