Restraining Orders in Laguna Beach CA
Need help with restraining orders in Laguna Beach CA? Turn to the Law Office of Michael L. Fell.
If someone has accused you of physically or sexually abusing, threatening, stalking, or harassing them, you may very well be under a restraining order preventing you from having contact with that person or their family. Protecting victims of abuse and violence from further harm is important, and unfortunately this means that restraining orders in Laguna Beach CA can be very limiting to the person they are issued against. The orders might:
- Limit your movements by preventing you from going near the protected person’s work or home
- Force you to move out of your home (in the case of an order protecting a spouse or partner you live with)
- Limit your ability to see your children
- Affect your position in a family law dispute
- Make you give up any firearms you own
- Affect your immigration status
Don’t Just Accept Unfair Limitations Request a Hearing
In order for restraining orders in Laguna Beach CA to go into effect, you must be served with the papers. When this happens, you have a limited window of time during which you can request a hearing. For best results, contact a knowledgeable attorney like Michael L. Fell. Attorney Fell will make sure you get the opportunity to challenge the grounds for the order, which may result in the judge refusing to grant a permanent order against you.
Accused of a Restraining Order Violation?
Because restraining orders in Laguna Beach CA are issued by the court, they are considered “court orders,” the violation of which qualifies as contempt of court and is punishable by fines and possibly even jail time. Fortunately, Michael L. Fell can provide an expert defense for any kind of alleged restraining order violation. Attorney Fell will work hard to uncover and present evidence that will show you did not commit the violation, but if you need to plead guilty he will turn his attention securing a favorable deal using creative sentencing.
Why Choose Michael L. Fell for Help with Restraining Orders in Laguna Beach CA
- Knowledge: Some defense attorneys lack the wide range of legal knowledge to effectively deal with issues related to restraining orders in Laguna Beach CA. But Attorney Fell does have this knowledge and he’s proven it by becoming a California Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist.
- Experience: Michael L. Fell is a seasoned attorney with many decades of experience in criminal law. He understands the prosecution’s mindset perfectly, having spent 18 years as a prosecutor himself, and this equips him to reach fair and favorable plea deals quickly after restraining order violations.
- Service: Attorney Fell and his entire team sincerely care about your future. You can count on us for honest and accurate information about your rights and the outcome that may be achieved in your case.
Immediate Help Available
With an attorney on call 24/7, the Law Office of Michael L. Fell is able to provide prompt assistance for any kind of issue related to restraining orders in Laguna Beach CA. If you have a question about the law or our services, feel free to call (949) 585-9055.