Parole Violation Attorney in Laguna Niguel CA
It’s Not Over Yet: Contact a Parole Violation Attorney in Laguna Niguel CA
If you have been accused of violating your parole, you may feel as though you are out of options. The court was likely clear when you were released that parole is a privilege – not a right – and one that can be taken away for even the seemingly tiniest mistake. There is good news though: You can work with a parole violation attorney in Laguna Niguel CA who can help maximize the chance that you can remain free. Contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 now for your free legal consultation.
Do Not Underestimate How Serious it is to Violate Parole
There are several reasons that it is essential to talk to a parole violation attorney in Laguna Niguel CA if you have been accused of violating your parole, including how serious the potential consequences may be. The best case scenario is that you will get a warning. This is only likely in a very minor violation. You are more likely to have your parole lengthened or have conditions added. You may also be sent back to prison to serve the rest of your term.
Do Not Give Up Your Rights in a Parole Violation Hearing
It is all too common for a person not to work with a parole violation attorney in Laguna Niguel CA and to then have no idea that they have rights. In fact, the United States Constitution affords you rights. You can expect that you:
- Receive written notification that includes the specific provisions you are accused of violating.
- Will have evidence presented against you by members of the parole board.
- Have the right to present your own witnesses and evidence.
- Have the right to cross-examine witnesses the parole board brings in.
- Will get a written statement that explains the evidence.
When you work with Law Office of Michael L. Fell, you can count on the fact that your rights will not be trampled on.
You Do Have Defense Options to Accusations of Parole Violations
The bad news about being accused of violating your parole is that you do not have to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Instead, they must only prove that there is a preponderance of evidence, which essentially means that it is more likely that you violated your parole than that you didn’t. This is yet another reason to work with a parole violation attorney in Laguna Niguel CA.
Depending on your case, there are a number of defense options that may apply. For example, your parole violation attorney in Laguna Niguel CA may argue that:
- You were falsely accused by someone who does not want you out on parole.
- There was a case of mistaken identity.
- You did not have your rights of due process.
- You did commit the violation but there was a compelling reason that left you with no choice.
These are just some of the potential defense options. For personalized attention to your specific case, contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 and request a free legal consultation.