Parole Violation Attorney in Lake Forest CA
Work with an Experienced Parole Violation Attorney in Lake Forest CA
No matter what they say you have done, if you are accused of violating your parole there are options available to you. Keep reading to find out how a parole violation attorney in Lake Forest CA can help. Being let out on parole instead of serving the rest of your sentence in prison is considered a privilege.
The other side of that privilege is that the justice system is willing to take away your parole at even seemingly tiny violations. No matter how big or small, there may be a defense option that helps you stay out of prison.
The Consequences of a Parole Violation Can Be Very Severe
If it is decided that you did violate parole in California, you could end up with just a warning. You could end up with new requirements for your parole, or an extended parole sentence. However, you could also end up going back to prison to serve the rest of your sentence. If you committed a crime, you could end up serving time for that crime and the additional prison sentence. This is why you need a parole violation attorney in Lake Forest CA on your side.
You Have a Right to Due Process at a Parole Revocation Hearing
If you are accused of violating your parole then you have due process rights. Federal law requires that you:
- Receive written notification that includes the specific provisions you are accused of violating.
- Will have evidence presented against you by members of the parole board.
- Have the right to present your own witnesses and evidence.
- Have the right to cross-examine witnesses the parole board brings in.
- Will get a written statement that explains the evidence.
The best way to assure that these rights are maintained is to work with a parole violation attorney in Lake Forest CA.
Discover Your Defense Options if You Have Been Accused of Violating Your Probation
Too often, those accused of violating their probation assume that they have no options. It is true that you do not have to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt – it must only be shown that there is a preponderance of evidence that makes it likely you did it. Your parole violation attorney in Lake Forest CA can help you find the right defense, which may include showing any of the following.
- You were falsely accused by someone who does not want you out on parole.
- There was a case of mistaken identity.
- You did not have your rights of due process.
- You did commit the violation but there was a compelling reason that left you with no choice.
These are not the only options available to you. When you hire Law Office of Michael L. Fell as your parole violation attorney in Lake Forest CA, we will go over your case and find the best defense. Contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 to get started.