Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Beach CA
Protect yourself against unfair punishments with help from an experienced drug crime attorney in Newport Beach CA.
Have you been accused of a drug-related offense? You need to find an experienced drug crime attorney in Newport Beach CA right away. At the Law Office of Michael L. Fell, we offer top-quality representation to individuals accused of all types of drug crimes.
Attorney Fells is an eminently qualified attorney who has met the standards to become a California Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. He also brings 18 years of valuable experience as a Deputy DA to his defense work. This knowledge and experience make Attorney Fell ideally positioned to secure the fastest and most favorable outcome possible to any type of drug charge, including:
- Drug Possession
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Drug Sales/Transportation
- Drug Manufacturing
- Prescription Fraud
- DUI of Drugs
- Medical Marijuana Violations
Attorney Fell Makes Sure Police & Prosecutors Play Fair
In the “war against drugs,” police and prosecutors can be very aggressive in pursuing arrests and convictions. Overzealous officers sometimes make mistakes, which can lead to serious flaws in the case against you. This might happen due to:
- Stopping individuals without reasonable cause
- Search warrant defects
- Violating California search and seizure rules
- Entrapping suspects
- Using unreliable informants
- Failing to Mirandize suspects before questioning
As an experienced drug crime attorney in Newport Beach CA, Michael L. Fell is well aware of the possibility of illegal evidence and he will not let these kinds of violations of your rights stand. You can rely on Attorney Fell to carefully examine each piece of the prosecution’s evidence and file motions to have any questionably obtained evidence excluded. If important evidence can be excluded, or if Attorney Fell can uncover new evidence that supports your side of the case, it may be possible to convince the DA to drop the charges entirely.
“Creative Sentencing” May Help You Avoid Jail Time
Attorney Fell believes that jail time is seldom an appropriate punishment for his clients--especially those who may only have committed a drug crime due to addiction. This is why he is a passionate advocate for “creative sentencing” or plea deals. As your drug crime attorney in Newport Beach CA, he will work hard to secure the most advantageous deal possible for you given the circumstances of your case. Common deals include:
- Drug Diversion: For certain non-violent offenders, drug diversion is an excellent way of resolving the case. Diversion programs substitute drug treatment for jail time, and when the program is successfully completed, the drug charge won’t even appear on your criminal record.
- Reduced Charges: If you are facing felony charges or multiple misdemeanor charges, Attorney Fell may be able to negotiate for a reduction that will be less damaging to your record.
- Reduced Sentence: Probation, house arrest, and community service are all possible alternatives to jail time that your drug crime attorney in Newport Beach CA can explore. If the DA insists on incarceration, your attorney can at least work to minimize the amount of jail time.
Call Now for Immediate Assistance from a Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Beach CA
Remember, the earlier you get the Law Office of Michael L. Fell working for you, the better. You can reach us at (949) 585-9055 and receive immediate attention from an experienced drug crime attorney in Newport Beach CA any time, 24/7. We are happy to offer free initial consultations as well as affordable representation with payment plans tailored to your needs.