Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Coast CA
Protect yourself against unfair punishments with help from an experienced drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA.
Do you need fast and effective help from a drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA? You’ll find exactly what you’re looking for at the Law Office of Michael L. Fell.
Attorney Fells is an eminently qualified attorney who has met the standards to become a California Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. He also brings 18 years of valuable experience as a Deputy DA to his defense work. This knowledge and experience make Attorney Fell ideally positioned to secure the fastest and most favorable outcome possible to any type of drug charge, including:
- Drug Possession
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Drug Sales/Transportation
- Drug Manufacturing
- Prescription Fraud
- DUI of Drugs
- Medical Marijuana Violations
Attorney Fell Makes Sure Police & Prosecutors Play Fair
Drug crime is a serious problem in many communities, and police and prosecutors are understandably eager to do their part in eradicating drug crime. Unfortunately, this sometimes leads to violations of defendants’ rights when illegal techniques are used in investigations. Examples include:
- Stopping individuals without reasonable cause
- Search warrant defects
- Violating California search and seizure rules
- Entrapping suspects
- Using unreliable informants
- Failing to Mirandize suspects before questioning
As an experienced drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA, Michael L. Fell is well aware of the possibility of illegal evidence and he will not let these kinds of violations of your rights stand. He will carefully investigate the case against you and ensure any illegal evidence is excluded. If important evidence can be excluded, or if Attorney Fell can uncover new evidence that supports your side of the case, it may be possible to convince the DA to drop the charges entirely.
“Creative Sentencing” May Help You Avoid Jail Time
Attorney Fell believes that jail time is seldom an appropriate punishment for his clients--especially those who may only have committed a drug crime due to addiction. This is why he is a passionate advocate for “creative sentencing” or plea deals. With Attorney Fell on your side as your drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA, you will have a powerful advocate negotiating with the DA for you to receive the best possible deal. Common deals include:
- Drug Diversion: With drug diversion, you get the chance to complete a drug treatment program and certain other requirements instead of going to jail. When the program is complete, the judge will dismiss the drug charge so that it does not appear on your record.
- Reduced Charges: Reducing a felony to a misdemeanor, or reducing the number of counts of a crime you face can also help provide valuable sentencing relief.
- Reduced Sentence: Probation, house arrest, and community service are all possible alternatives to jail time that your drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA can explore. If the DA insists on incarceration, your attorney can at least work to minimize the amount of jail time.
Call Now for Immediate Assistance from a Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Coast CA
The earlier you have the Law Office of Michael L. Fell on your side, the more likely it is we can resolve your case quickly. You can reach us at (949) 585-9055 and receive immediate attention from an experienced drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA any time, 24/7. We are happy to offer free initial consultations as well as affordable representation with payment plans tailored to your needs.