Parole Violation Attorney in Orange CA
Maximize Your Chances by Hiring a Parole Violation Attorney in Orange CA
In the vast majority of cases, if a person is released from California state prison without serving the entirety of their sentence for a felony conviction, they will be released on mandatory parole. This allows them to complete their sentence in the outside world while being monitored by a parole officer.
However, making even a small mistake while on parole can get a person sent back to jail. If you are worried that you have violated your parole, or you have been asked to speak to the parole board, then it is time to contact a parole violation attorney in Orange CA. Keep reading to learn more and then contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 for your free legal consultation.
The Consequences of a Parole Violation Can Be Very Severe
If it is decided that you did violate parole in California, you could end up with just a warning. You could end up with new requirements for your parole, or an extended parole sentence. However, you could also end up going back to prison to serve the rest of your sentence. If you committed a crime, you could end up serving time for that crime and the additional prison sentence. This is why you need a parole violation attorney in Orange CA on your side.
Your Parole Violation Attorney in Orange CA Will Make Sure You Have Your Rights
Just because you are accused of parole violation does not mean that you lose your rights of due process. There are federal laws in place that require that you:
- Receive written notification that includes the specific provisions you are accused of violating.
- Will have evidence presented against you by members of the parole board.
- Have the right to present your own witnesses and evidence.
- Have the right to cross-examine witnesses the parole board brings in.
- Will get a written statement that explains the evidence.
We strongly recommend you have an attorney on your side to assure that you do in fact receive these rights.
Know Your Defense Options Before Responding to an Alleged Parole Violation
Do not make the mistake of assuming that your options are limited or nonexistent. No matter the situation, it is entirely possible that you have a defense option you do not know and that only a parole violation attorney in Orange CA may be able to clue you in to. For example, these defense options may apply:
- You were falsely accused by someone who does not want you out on parole.
- There was a case of mistaken identity.
- You did not have your rights of due process.
- You did commit the violation but there was a compelling reason that left you with no choice.
While these are a few of the options, they are not all of them. We strongly suggest you contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 as soon as possible for a free legal case evaluation.