Restraining Orders in Orange CA
Need help with restraining orders in Orange CA? Turn to the Law Office of Michael L. Fell.
If someone has accused you of physically or sexually abusing, threatening, stalking, or harassing them, you may very well be under a restraining order preventing you from having contact with that person or their family. While it is of course important to protect alleged victims, unfortunately by their very nature restraining orders in Orange CA can be very limiting to the restrained person. For example, restraining orders can:
- Limit your movements by preventing you from going near the protected person’s work or home
- Force you to move out of your home (in the case of an order protecting a spouse or partner you live with)
- Limit your ability to see your children
- Affect your position in a family law dispute
- Make you give up any firearms you own
- Affect your immigration status
Don’t Just Accept Unfair Limitations Request a Hearing
Unfortunately, restraining orders in Orange CA are sometimes granted based on false testimony from a victim. Fortunately, the law does provide a recourse to you in this situation. You can request a hearing with the help of your attorney and present arguments that may keep the order from becoming permanent.
Accused of a Restraining Order Violation?
When restrained persons disobey restraining orders in Orange CA, they could end up going to jail. At the very least, they might have to pay a fine and have a conviction for contempt of court appear on their permanent record. To protect yourself, you need to consult Michael L. Fell as soon as you are accused of a restraining order violation. Whether you want to contest the charge or not, Attorney Fell can help. He will work hard to either get the charge dropped or secure a beneficial plea deal.
Why Choose Michael L. Fell for Help with Restraining Orders in Orange CA
- Knowledge: Michael L. Fell understands the statutes on restraining orders in Orange CA, as well as the court proceedings involved in this area of law. As a California Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist, he can handle any and all developments in your case.
- Experience: When negotiating for a favorable resolution to charges for restraining order violations, Attorney Fell’s 18 years of experience as an Orange County Senior Deputy District Attorney is very beneficial. He knows how prosecutors think and he can get you a favorable deal.
- Service: Attorney Fell and his entire staff strive to offer superior service at every turn, both in terms of the quality of our legal services and our personal attention to each client. We will come to all court appearances with you and keep you updated and informed at every stage of your case to minimize the stress of the experience as much as possible.
Immediate Help Available
At the Law Office of Michael L. Fell, we understand that issues related to restraining orders in Orange CA have the potential to be very distressing. That’s why we have an attorney available to help you 24/7. You can reach us at (949) 585-9055 or submit an online contact request.