Restraining Orders in San Clemente CA
Need help with restraining orders in San Clemente CA? Turn to the Law Office of Michael L. Fell.
Domestic violence restraining orders, elder abuse restraining orders, and civil harassment restraining orders are often issued in conjunction with allegations of abuse, stalking, physical harm, or harassment. While it is of course important to protect alleged victims, unfortunately by their very nature restraining orders in San Clemente CA can be very limiting to the restrained person. For example, restraining orders can:
- Limit your movements by preventing you from going near the protected person’s work or home
- Force you to move out of your home (in the case of an order protecting a spouse or partner you live with)
- Limit your ability to see your children
- Affect your position in a family law dispute
- Make you give up any firearms you own
- Affect your immigration status
Don’t Just Accept Unfair Limitations Request a Hearing
In order for restraining orders in San Clemente CA to go into effect, you must be served with the papers. When this happens, you have a limited window of time during which you can request a hearing. For best results, contact a knowledgeable attorney like Michael L. Fell. Attorney Fell will make sure you get the opportunity to challenge the grounds for the order, which may result in the judge refusing to grant a permanent order against you.
Accused of a Restraining Order Violation?
Because restraining orders in San Clemente CA are issued by the court, they are considered “court orders,” the violation of which qualifies as contempt of court and is punishable by fines and possibly even jail time. If you have been accused of violating a restraining order, take the matter seriously and contact Michael L. Fell right away. Attorney Fell will work hard to uncover and present evidence that will show you did not commit the violation, but if you need to plead guilty he will turn his attention securing a favorable deal using creative sentencing.
Why Choose Michael L. Fell for Help with Restraining Orders in San Clemente CA
- Knowledge: Michael L. Fell understands the statutes on restraining orders in San Clemente CA, as well as the court proceedings involved in this area of law. As a California Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist, he can handle any and all developments in your case.
- Experience: When negotiating for a favorable resolution to charges for restraining order violations, Attorney Fell’s 18 years of experience as an Orange County Senior Deputy District Attorney is very beneficial. He knows how prosecutors think and he can get you a favorable deal.
- Service: You will get top-quality legal assistance at the Law Office of Michael L. Fell, along with caring personalized attention. You can count on us for honest and accurate information about your rights and the outcome that may be achieved in your case.
Immediate Help Available
Restraining orders in San Clemente CA have the potential to turn your life upside down especially if you end up violating one. Fortunately, the Law Office of Michael L. Fell offers 24/7 access to a qualified attorney who can help you. You can reach us at (949) 585-9055 or submit an online contact request.