Emergency Protective Orders
Facing an Emergency Protective Order? Don’t panic. Michael L. Fell is here to help.
In order to secure an Emergency Protective Order against you, all an alleged domestic violence victim has to do is convince a police officer that they are in danger of further harm.
While the quick and easy availability of Emergency Protective Orders may have saved many victims from further harm and abuse, it has also led to many innocent “abusers” having their rights restricted.
What to Do If You Are Served with an Emergency Protective Order
If you are served with an Emergency Protective Order, don’t panic. Simply complete these steps to protect your rights and interests.
- Read the Order: You need to read the order immediately. It’s okay if you don’t understand all the provisions perfectly, but be sure you at least figure out who is being protected by the order and what types of contact are prohibited.
- Comply with the Order: Even if you believe that the Emergency Protective Order has been unfairly issued, it is still in force for the full 7 days or 5 business days specified in the order. You must comply with the requirements of the order during this time or you could be charged with a criminal offense.
- Call Attorney Fell: Whenever any kind of restraining order is issued against you, you need a criminal defense attorney on your side. Your attorney can provide many invaluable services, such as:
- Explaining the requirements of the order to you
- Helping you request a hearing before a permanent order is granted
- Preparing you to testify at this hearing
- Defending you against any charges for the assault, battery, harassment, or other incident that triggered the emergency order
Why Choose Attorney Fell
Michael L. Fell is one of the most dedicated and passionate criminal defense attorneys around. He truly cares about each client as an individual and he and his entire legal team will work tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome to your case. You don’t have to take our word for it—this dedication has earned him a perfect 10 rating on Avvo.com and his many client testimonials say it all.
To get fast assistance with your Emergency Protective Order problem from Michael L. Fell, please call (949) 585-9055 now.